1) Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2) Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3) As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
How can I bring my pet to Thailand?
- They will need a health certificate issued by a USDA accredited veterinarian. …
- You must bring a proof of vaccination showing Rabies, Leptospirosis, Distemper, Hepatitis, and Parvovirus vaccines for dogs. …
- A copy of your passport.
- Pets must also be at least 4 months old.
How do I import my dog to Thailand?
Anyone wishing to bring animals to Thailand must apply and obtain an import permit from the Ministry of Livestock Development (DLD). The importer must personally submit an application (form 1/1) to import animals into the country to an official AQS veterinarian at least 15 days before importation.
Can you take your cat to Thailand?
Pets can arrive in Thailand in the cabin or as checked baggage or air cargo at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok. … Pet dogs and cats will not be quarantined as long as they arrive with a current import permit and all regulations to enter Thailand are met.
Is Thailand pet friendly?
Thailand, the door to southeast Asia, is an amazing place to chill and enjoy the ocean with your dog. As long as you meet the qualifications, you can travel with your four-legged friend anywhere within the country.
Are pit bulls allowed in Thailand?
Remarks: 1) Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand. 2) Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand. 3) As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
Do pets need to quarantine?
Why Do Dogs Require Quarantine? Animals including your pet dog may require quarantine when entering some countries in an attempt to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. … This usually includes having a rabies vaccine and a rabies titre test, but also often a quarantine period.
Why are there so many stray dogs in Thailand?
There is estimated to be roughly 850,000 stray dogs in Thailand. The reason there are so many stray dogs in Thailand is simple: Pet owners do not spay and neuter their animals. It is not uncommon for owners to become bored of the animal and to abandon their dogs into the street.
Where is the best place to live in Thailand?
The best places to live in Bangkok
- Chiang Mai. If you ask expats where is the best place to live in Thailand, you will probably hear ‘Chiang Mai’ as the most common answer. …
- Chiang Rai. Chiang Rai is another popular place among expats. …
- Krabi Town and Krabi Province. …
- Phuket. …
- Koh Samui. …
- Hua Hin.
Is there a quarantine in Thailand?
The country is currently battling its worst wave since the start of the pandemic. International travelers flying into Bangkok must quarantine for 14 days in an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility. However, on July 1 the island of Phuket reopened to vaccinated foreign visitors without quarantine requirements.
How much does it cost to fly a cat internationally?
Fees are outlined on the Department of Agriculture website and will vary, however, you can expect to pay approximately $2,000 for one cat. There can be additional fees if your pet requires veterinary treatments or an extended stay.