Is Thai an easy language to learn?
The language, with its seemingly curlicue letters may look difficult at first glance, but with language apps, Youtube videos, and lessons via Skype, learning Thai is actually quite easy, and it’s highly recommended and possible to learn the language before setting foot in Southeast Asia.
How can I learn Thai fast?
6 Tips To Learn Thai Fast
- Vocabulary Is The Key. As important as grammar is, it serves no purpose if you have no vocabulary to use it with. …
- Find A Native Speaker To Practice With.
- Watch TV And Movies. …
- Don’t Be Afraid To Make Mistakes. …
- Use A Language Learning App Like Ling. …
- Keep in mind 5 these tips when you learn Thai.
How long does it take to learn to speak Thai?
So, how long does it take to learn basic Thai? It should take around 500 hours (20 weeks if you study 25 hours a week).
What is the best app to learn to speak Thai?
Top 12 Apps to Learn Thai Fast 
- Learn Thai – Phrasebook.
- FREE Thai by Nemo. Best apps to learn Thai fast.
- Simply Learn Thai.
- Pocket Thai Speaking: Learning to Speak Thai Today.
- Ling App – Language Lessons.
- Learn Thai Vocabulary with Vocly.
Is Thai easier than Chinese?
Yes, Thai is considerably easier to learn than any of the other three. I believe the three hardest are Japanese, Chinese and Korean in that order. Thai is a tonal language but although that is a foreign concept it isn’t actually terribly difficult to learn.
What is the hardest language to learn?
8 Hardest Languages to Learn In The World For English Speakers
- Mandarin. Number of native speakers: 1.2 billion. …
- Icelandic. Number of native speakers: 330,000. …
- 3. Japanese. Number of native speakers: 122 million. …
- Hungarian. Number of native speakers: 13 million. …
- Arabic. Number of native speakers: 221 million. …
Is it difficult to learn Thai numbers?
Although we still count in English! Luckily, Thai is one of the easiest languages to count in, and you can easily learn basic thai numbers. After you’ve mastered one through ten, the rest are really easy! Thai numbers are similar to other languages like Spanish or German, because they repeat themselves.
Is Ling good for learning Thai?
Why Ling Is The Perfect Language Learning Companion
Ling is designed to make language learning as easy, fun, and accessible as possible. Using a variety of mini games and interactive learning techniques, you’ll be able to immerse yourself in the Thai language using just your smartphone.
Why is there no Thai on duolingo?
Thai is a difficult language to teach to native English speakers due to the fact that its written script isn’t Latin based and the language uses a tonal system.
Why is Thai language so hard?
Thai is a Tonal Language
It has 5 tones to be exact, with every syllable being pronounced with one. This can makes things quite difficult, especially for those who have never learnt a language with tones. However, saying that, tones aren’t as important as in other languages like Chinese.
Is duolingo good for Thai?
It is a shame that Duolingo doesn’t offer Thai as an option. … There are many great resources for learning Thai available so have a look around. Try some of them out and you may just find your new favorite language learning app. Ling Thai offers some lessons for free to let you try it out.