The city is known for its street life and cultural landmarks, as well as its red-light districts. The Grand Palace and Buddhist temples including Wat Arun and Wat Pho stand in contrast with other tourist attractions such as the nightlife scenes of Khaosan Road and Patpong.
What is famous food in Bangkok?
Local Foods You Must Try When Visiting Bangkok
- Tom yum goong (spicy shrimp soup)
- Som tum (spicy green papaya salad)
- Tom kha kai (chicken in coconut soup)
- Gaeng daeng (red curry)
- Pad Thai (Thai-style fried noodles)
- Khao pad (fried rice)
- Pad krapow moo (stir-fried basil and pork)
- Gaeng keow wan kai (green chicken curry)
Are things expensive in Bangkok?
You can go quite far with only little money. However, being a capital city, you can expect Bangkok’s prices to be a bit higher but it’s still very affordable. … Spending money left and right will end up on a very expensive trip.
What is illegal in Bangkok?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road. …
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives. …
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver. …
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse. …
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.