The task of guaranteeing that documents and records are preserved and accessible to the public lies with the National Archives of the Philippines. Its main responsibility is to preserve the primary sources of information on Philippine history, the basic components of cultural heritage and collective memory.
What is the function of the National Archives?
The primary function of the National Archives is the preservation of the archives of Government Departments and related administrative units, and this involves the selection of those records having permanent value, the authorisation of the destruction of valueless records, the arrangement and description of archives, …
What are the functions of archives?
First, archival institutions serve an important legal function in society. Archival institutions are generally legally constituted entities responsible for identifying, managing, and preserving the integrity of an institution’s official records of long-term value.
What are the types of archives?
Types of archives
- College and university archives: typically preserve materials related to the university or college. …
- Corporate archives: manage and preserve records of that business. …
- Government or national archives: may collect materials related to all levels of government.
What are the advantages of archives?
6 Benefits of Archive Document Storage with DocuVault
- Storing Outdated and Unused Documents Off-Site Frees Up Office Space. …
- Records Stay in a Secure Location with No Chance of Unauthorized Use. …
- Documents are Safe from Fire Damage. …
- Paperwork is Easily Retrieved. …
- Archive Document Storage Saves You Money.
What are the two archival principles?
Archivists apply the 2 principles of ‘provenance’ and original order‘ when managing their collections. These principles should be the foundations for all the activities you carry out on your archives.
What is National Archives Act?
ACT. To provide for a National Archives and Record Service; the proper management and care of the records of governmental bodies; and the preservation and use of a national archival heritage; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Can anyone go to the National Archives?
Anyone can use the National Archives. You do not need to be an American citizen or to present credentials or a letter of recommendation.
Who first settled the Philippines?
The Philippines were claimed in the name of Spain in 1521 by Ferdinand Magellan, a Portuguese explorer sailing for Spain, who named the islands after King Philip II of Spain. They were then called Las Felipinas.
What is archive in Tagalog?
Translation for word Archives in Tagalog is : arkibos.
What are the principles of archives?
The essential principles supporting the archival perspective are as follows:
- the sanctity of evidence;
- respect des fonds, provenance, and original order;
- the life cycle of records;
- the organic nature of records; and.
- hierarchy in records and their descriptions.
What is the value of archives?
Archival value means the ongoing usefulness or significance of Records, based on the administrative, legal, fiscal, evidential or historical information they contain, justifying their continued preservation.