|Phra Pathommachedi พระปฐมเจดีย์|
|Town or city||Nakhon Pathom|
|Construction started||193 BCE|
What religion is in Thailand?
Religions by region
|Religion in Thailand (2015)|
What landmarks are they noted for in Thailand?
Here is a list of our favourite landmarks in Thailand.
- The Grand Palace, Bangkok. …
- The Emerald Lagoon, Ang Thong Marine Park. …
- Sukhothai Historical Park, Sukhothai. …
- Wat Arun, Bangkok. …
- Khao Yai National Park, Hin Tung. …
- Ayutthaya Historical Park, Ayutthaya. …
- Wat Rong Khun, Chiang Rai. …
- Cheow Larn Lake, Khao Sok National Park.
What does Wat Pho symbolize?
220-53. symbolism has two layers, present in the same space. In the first layer, Wat Pho is a model of the Jambu Continent with a centre at the sisa phaendin (ศีรษะแผ่นดิน) or Head Land, meaning that Wat Pho is the centre of the world of Buddhism according to the beliefs in the Trailokawinitchai.