(6) The Flag shall not be displayed or carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. the crescent and stars shall be on the top left position as seen by any spectator facing the Flag and the wall or surface, as the case may be.
Can we display Singapore Flag?
After Wednesday (Sept 30), those who continue to display the flag will risk being fined up to $1,000 under the Singapore Arms and Flag and National Anthem Rules. Every year, the flag can be displayed outside a building or in an open space without a flagpole between July 1 and Sept 30.
How do you hang the Singapore Flag?
There are no guidelines as to whether the flagpole must be installed vertically or at an incline. Most flagpoles are commonly installed vertically. However, the Flag, when displayed on a flagpole, should have the crescent and stars on the top left position as seen by any passer-by facing the Flag.
How can we display our national flag?
1. When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag’s own right, that is, to the observer’s left. When displayed in a window, the American flag should be displayed in the same way, with the union or blue field to the left of the observer in the street.
How long can we display the Singapore Flag?
National Flag may now be displayed with immediate effect till end of National Day celebrations period. All organisations and households may display the National Flag till 30 September 2020 to rally Singaporeans.
Can I hang a flag outside my house Singapore?
5. —(1) When the Flag is displayed outside a building, it shall be displayed on or in front of the building. it shall not be flown at night unless it is properly illuminated. it may be displayed at night without being properly illuminated.
What is the capital city of Singapore?
Singapore, city, capital of the Republic of Singapore. It occupies the southern part of Singapore Island.
What are 3 things you should never do to the flag?
The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise. The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free. The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored so that it might be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
How do you display multiple flags?
Other flags should not overshadow the American Flag in any way. The American Flag should be flown higher than lesser flags. If the flags are displayed on the same level, the American Flag should be flown to the (flag’s own) right of all other flags. The right is a position of prominence.
What is proper flag etiquette?
Quick list of Flag Etiquette Don’ts:
- Don’t dip the U.S. Flag for any person, flag, or vessel.
- Don’t let the flag touch the ground.
- Don’t fly flag upside down unless there is an emergency.
- Don’t carry the flag flat, or carry things in it.
- Don’t use the flag as clothing.
- Don’t store the flag where it can get dirty.